Tier 3 Technical Support Rep 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
Thursday, November 3rd, from 10am-1pm
1015 Olentangy River Rd., Columbus, Oh 43212
Complete Application and Assessment prior to Event
Bring Resume & Dress for an InterviewBase Salary has been increased!
You're new Advanced Technical Support Career Begins here!
Time Warner Cable seeks Technical Support Representatives for our Residential Tier III Department.
Do you have strong problem solving skills and Network+ or related experience* Do you also possess experience with ICOMS and the suite of Internet protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) as well as networks & LANs*
If so, make Time Warner Cable your next career move!
Provide residential customers with high level technical support for data, voice, and video services in a manner that is consistent with Time Warner Cable policies, procedures, quality standards, customer needs and applicable local, state, and federal policies. This position responds to network problems and stability concerns. This position proactively utilizes all diagnostic and monitoring tools available to ensure uninterrupted service for all of our customers.
Class begins 11-28-16
Essential Job Functions:
* Troubleshoot subscriber calls for all Road Runner Residential Customers
* Troubleshoot subscriber calls for all Digital Phone Residential Customers.
* Troubleshoot subscriber calls for all Video Residential Customers.
* Review the service calls as they are scheduled by the Call Center Associates to determine if there may be common problems in the same HUB. Work with TOC to determine if the problem may be area wide as opposed to individual. Follow-up with TOC if an area problem is suspected.
* Review the On-line outage information to determine if the service call may have been scheduled unnecessarily.
* Review those work orders scheduled by the Call Center Associates to determine if an additional walk thru may resolve the problem over the phones.
* Attempts will be made to contact customers scheduled for a service appointment that day and service calls scheduled in the future.
* Follow up with the Technical Support Manager and Training Manager on updating the walk thru steps available through Logical and KEY so that a successful walk thru can be achieved on the first call to the Call Center.
* Support the Call Center with technical issues as needed.
* Support field personnel as needed.
* Work closely with Regional Data Center staff to resolve issues quickly.
* Resolve all tickets in a timely manner.
* Communicate pertinent information with Division Technical Operations Center (TOC).
* Basic working knowledge of terminal related equipment (Hubs, Routers, switches, servers and various networking components).
* Strong PC hardware and software skills (the ability to troubleshoot all aspects of a PC).
* Networking experience will be beneficial.
* Excellent communication skills required.
* Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
* Current working knowledge or familiarity of latest technologies, networking equipment, and tools.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Associate Degree preferred in related field.
* One year previous help desk support experience preferred.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 0534
Controlling Establishment ID: 00026 - Columbus Olentangy River Rd
Job Code: TWCCSU110 Rep 1, Technical Support Nonexempt