Tier 2 Technical Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
South Burlington, VT
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Tier 2 Technical Support
Education & Experience
BS Degree & minimum 5 years years of overall IT related experience or equivalent.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
Seeking motivated individual to join information technology user support team as a senior application support analyst. You will provide technical support for employees of a large federal agency, become a subject matter expert in law enforcement software systems and be a team leader. Candidate should have a background in software application support, web application support and a passion for learning new technologies and a genuine desire to help people. Position requires that you are a self-starter with strong troubleshooting skills who will use available resources to research answers to help your customers. You will be expected to become an expert in our business domain and develop the capability to identify a wide variety of information technology issues. You will develop training curriculum and materials, and conduct remote and face-to-face training sessions.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Provide tier 2 & 3 support for mission critical software applications, web sites and information technology infrastructure. Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Manage on-call schedules.
- Develop material to help team collaborate and encourage information sharing.
- Handle help desk escalations through tickets, e-mail, instant messaging and phone.
- Ability to facilitate and drive the resolution of system failures on conference calls or directly with the end user.
- Troubleshooting skills to identify root cause of user reported problems for a dynamic intranet based web application.
- Understanding of software system components such as databases, application servers, service oriented architecture, system interfaces and supporting technologies.
- Ability to coordinate multiple teams from different departments to diagnose and identify causes of application and system failures.
- Thorough understanding of web browser based applications, Internet Explorer and browser plugins.
- Understanding of PC connectivity and networking such as Ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN.
- Strong experience using MS-Office to produce reports, charts and analyze data.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Strong customer service skills. Rotating on-call schedule.
- BMC Remedy.
- Understanding of web services and system interfaces.
- Experience working with technical teams to identify software application changes built into new releases.
- Technical documentation experience.
- Use screen sharing technology to work with end-user to resolve problems.
- Ability to write SQL queries for ad-hoc reports.
- Experience with law enforcement agencies.
Government Eligibility Requirements
- Candidate must be able to favorably pass government background investigation.
- U.S. Citizenship eligibility requirements.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.