Title Examiner 9/10/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
How would you like to work for one of Fortune s top 100 Best Places to Work in 2016* At First American, we believe in People First and it shows in the passion and energy of our employees. We are looking for a detail-oriented title professional to join our team as a Title Examiner in Lake Mary, FL!
As a Title Examiner for First American Title s Vacation Ownership division, you will review, accurately compile and interpret information affecting status of title to Time Share properties through the various electronic and paper title plants. You will search public records and examine titles to determine legal condition of Vacation Ownership property title.
To be successful you must have strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work independently. You should also possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to shift priorities easily, as well as the ability to leverage modern title production procedures and technology.
Our Title Examiners:
* Examine chain of Title for Vacation Ownership (Time Share) properties
* Examine the chain of title for orders of limited complexity.
* Abstract and analyze records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books, to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property and completeness of records
* Resolve most issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
* Work independently
* Take on additional responsibilities as necessary
You should have:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 1-3 years of title or related real estate experience
* A knack for the details
* Strong analytical ability
* Outstanding problem solving skills
* Great research skills
* Outstanding customer service skills and experience
* Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
* Knowledge of title industry terms and computer programs a plus
We offer great benefits and a fast-paced work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at First American. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.