Tool Design Engineer 9/2/2016
Lake Zurich, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Designs high-precision progressive metal stamping tools and related jigs, dies, fixtures, gauges, and attachments for production or prototype use in metalworking machines. Draws sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings. Modifies tool designs according to trial or production service data to improve tool life or performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Study specifications, engineeringblueprints, tool orders, and shop data to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
* Draw sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings for single or progressive cutting, stamping, and forming tools.
* Create a bill of materials for all designs.
* Create and update detailed drawings required for manufacturing using the company's CAD system.
* Design E.D.M. blocks, fixtures and other layouts necessary for tool room to maintain and repair dies.
* Maintain EPDM (engineering vault).
* Work closely with the tool room to debug/modify tools and update tool designs according to trial or production service data to improve tool life or performance.
* Ensure that all information gathered during the engineering process is accurate.
* Cooperate with engineers, tool room, production supervisor, and other personnel in an effective and constructive manner to maintain good relationships and to facilitate completion of responsibilities.
* Follow ISO/TS, safety, and environmental procedures as well as department and corporate policies and procedures.
* Extensive knowledge of CAD systems (Solidworks, Autocad).
* Knowledge of equipment in manufacturing environment either plastic or steel, dies, and forming processes.
* Flexibility and tolerance for constantly changing demands.
* Thoroughness and detail oriented.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Strong team player skills.
* Computer and keyboarding skills.
* Ability to apply algebraic and geometric formulas.
* Ability to read and interpret specifications and engineeringblueprints.
* Ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous projects.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
* High school, GED or work experience equivalent.
* Technical training, vocational education, and 5+ years of related tool design experience in manufacturing environment.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
* Measuring instruments.
* Computer and other general office equipment.
* Steel toed shoes, safety glasses and ear plugs where required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Other duties may be assigned are not limited to the following listed above.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Job Type: Full-time
* Lake Zurich, IL
* High school or equivalent
* CAD systems (solidworks/Autocad): 3years
* Designing metal stamping tools: 3years
Submit a candidate
Candidate name Candidate email Candidate phone number
Candidate's Resume - Add one of the following
Choose File File types: pdf or docx
Max size: 2MB
Candidate's Indeed Resume URL Candidate's LinkedIn Profile URL