Tool Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 2/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTool Design Engineer
Responsible for the conception and design of dies, fixtures, castings and essential production aids and templates as required to support manufacturing efforts.
Design tooling that meets customer specifications and produces a blueprint part.
Maintain digital/electronic data.
Generate tooling work orders.
Program CNC equipment.
Support manufacturing and other departments as an internal customer.
Perform cost analysis and tradeoff improvement studies.
Skills & Qualifications
* Experience in the design, development and application of tools and production methods related to Hot Forming, SPF and/or Machining of titanium, preferred
* Familiarity with sheet metal fabrication, machining, forming and welding
* Ability to manage numerous projects and meet deadlines as required
* Ability to work independently and a good memory for detail
* Strong analytical and communication skills and meticulous work habits
BS degree in Engineering; and/or related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Up to Three years' experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
Strong CAD/CAE skills, Unigraphics preferred
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience preferred
Knowledge of aerospace company specifications and practices
Technical writing skills preferred
Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints