Tools Developer - 8242
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Palo Alto Networks Global Customer Support Team is seeking creative and passionate Tool Developers to help grow, maintain, and support our innovative suite of technical and business management tools. Through automation, the Support Tools team strives to improve the productivity of our worldwide team of Technical Support Engineers and Managers, and reduce the time and effort it takes to resolve support cases.
* Develop tools that solve niche technical or business needs and help fill gaps in commercial solutions
* Provide consultative advice on the benefits and drawbacks of different solutions
* Demonstrate proof of concepts through rapid prototyping
* Engage with an internal community of adhoc developers to encourage new ideas, and help align them with business interests
* Foster and facilitate business adoption of adhoc tools created by the community
* Listen for changes in business needs and pre-emptively conceptualize solutions to accommodate
* Provide tool support during business hours, and off-hours for business critical situations if needed
* Back End Web App Design and Development: PHP, REST API s, SQL/NoSQL Database Design and Administration
* Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP
* Scripting: Bash, AWK and SED, scripting. Python and others is a plus.
* Advanced Linux Knowledge and Data Parsing/Transformation abilities
* Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, D3
* Amazon: EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, AWS CLI
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.