Tool Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlbany Engineered Composites (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components in order to help our customers push the frontiers of innovation. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite components. With our unique blend of products -- including 3D woven structures, traditional and non-traditional 2D composite structures, and discrete through thickness reinforcement technologies, to name a few -- AEC is able to produce composite components and products which meet performance and cost specifications often beyond the reach of metallic or conventional laminated composites.
Performs research, design, and development in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
* Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
* Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
* Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization's objectives.
* Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results and/or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
* Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects.
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Able to collaborate effectively with Program Managers, Manufacturing Engineers, Tooling & Equipment Manufacturers, Quality Engineering, and Project Engineers to convert customer requirements into tools that meet technical requirements, cost requirements, and schedule requirements.
* Disciplined, organized, and detail oriented, with good time management.
* GD&T, Configuration Management, and technical writing.
* BS in designated Engineering or related field.
* 5 years of experience Design/Analysis/Procurement/Inspection/Maintenance/Repair of Aerospace Tooling used in manufacturing composite aerospace components and assemblies.
* 5 years of experience with SolidWorks and CATIA V5
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled