Tooling Engineer 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TOOLING ENGINEER
Career Transitions is recruiting Tooling Engineers with plastics experience for a growing manufacturer in Goshen, Indiana. Prior experience with foreign and domestic injection mold tooling is required.
The Tooling Engineer position is responsible for managing the design, development, and implementation of mold and tooling required to support the launch of new products. It is also required to manage mold repairs and improvements. The Tooling Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager, but the position will require a highly organized and self-motivated individual. The position will require tool sourcing involvement, source management, and internal improvement team and production involvement. Assumed with this position, is to maintain and support industry standards in mold design, construction, and validation
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (AS FOLLOWS, BUT MAY INCLUDE ADDITIONAL DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
* Lead the tooling design, review, and approval process
* Support product development initiatives
* Coordinate design changes through-out the tool build process
* Support, design, and implement production fixturing / tooling
* Ensuring tools produce the appropriate plastic parts with 100% conformance before shipping from the supplier.
* Provide support and direction to the tool manufacturers
* Recommend and validate tooling sources
* Manage tooling preventative maintenance
* Continuously improve all aspects of product development by anticipating problems, providing input on solutions, reacting productively to change, and by handling other tasks as assigned.
* Production tool support including repairs and improvements; managing the process from identification to completion
* Manage the group of tooling technicians
* Any other activities assigned by the Engineering Manager or Plant Manager
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering; Plastics EngineeringDegree is a plus
* Plastics industry experience is required
* TS-automotive requirements and systems is preferred; i.e., TS-16949
* Must offer prior experience with foreign and domestic injection mold tooling