Toolmaker 2 9/7/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Toolmaker II, Esterline Control Systems MASON
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, offers world-class control devices and subsystems such as control grips, throttles, HaWC controllers, and communications interfaces for today s advanced cockpits, military vehicles, and other specialized applications. Our solutions fall into two broad categories: control products and communication products.
Title: Toolmaker II
Operates conventional lathes, mills, grinders, electrical discharge machine (EDM) computer numerical control machines with tight fitting tolerances. Writes programs for EDM machines. Plans, develops and constructs highly intricate tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gauges to required tolerances. Performs complicated setups and adjustments.
* Responsible for fabricating and repairing production tooling, e.g. dies, fixtures and injection molds.
* Die work involves sharpening dies, making changeovers and fabricating new punches or die sections.
* Mold work involves changing over cores and cavities of family type molds, fabricating new or repairing the old cores and/or cavities, new ejector pins, core pins, etc.
* Fixture work involves constructing or repairing various fixtures, e.g. mill, drill, soldering, ultrasonic and assembly fixtures.
* Responsible for programming, setting up and operating the wire EDM machine.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Operates various machines and performs other highly skilled work, such as laying out, fitting and assembling parts.
* May involve considerable development work, highly skilled fitting, timing and adjusting.
* Will analyze drawing and/or blueprints, determine tooling required and determine procedures to follow for making parts needed. May fabricate specialized tools where no design is available.
Customer Focus Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
Ethics and Values Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
Problem Solving Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
Integrity and Trust Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
Functional/Technical Skills Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Listening Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
Action-oriented Full of energy, willing to take action.
Composure Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence
Values Diversity Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
High school or technical school education or equivalent, a minimum of six years related experience, or equivalent education and experience. Should have own tools and demonstrate knowledge of advanced shop math, including algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).