Tools, Automation and Release Engineer 8/30/2016
Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tools, Automation and Release Engineer
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and pro-active automation, tools and CI/CD Engineer. This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining an extensive tool set including but not limited to Jira, Confluence, and other Atlassian tools, Bugzilla, Jenkins/Bamboo.
In addition, the individual should be very comfortable with CI/CD concepts and is expected to participate in all aspects of the builds, branching, merging, and automation etc.
This is a senior level position where you will not only be required to actively participate and contribute in improving the existing processes, automation, toolset, framework and secure development environment among other things, you will also be thinking ahead on how to make these things better and more scalable for the future growth of the company and for a smoother integration of the processes with other groups within the company and possibly any acquisition the company undertakes. The position requires working with a large number of stakeholders within the company and sometimes with the external entities so excellent communication skills, putting your point across, balancing the need to introduce better, scalable and cost efficient processes while not affecting the existing commitments the various stakeholders have. This position will not require direct management of human resources however depending upon the need of the hour, it may require forming virtual teams and leading of the projects.
Be the primary contact for the tool set owned and maintained by the group.
Continuous maintenance and improvement of automation & tools.
Will be required to develop, maintain and improve hooks/workflow between various tools/moving parts.
Create and maintain fully automated CI /CD processes for multiple products.
Work closely with the development, operations, QA, documentation and internal/external users.
Write & maintain scripts for customizing the tool set, build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks.
* Expert level experience with Atlassian tool set.
* Strong shell/Perl/Python experience.
* Experience with mysql or other database will be required.
* Strong background and understanding of Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred).
* Experience and knowledge of RPM management, yum, Linux and minor sys-admin tasks.
* Experience and knowledge of Koji is a strong plus.
* Solid understanding of source code control systems, branching, merging, releases etc.
* Experience in Perforce/GIT/Stash.
* Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo or equivalent.
* Background in Windows is a plus.
* Experience with VMware technology is a plus.
* Experience with automation/configuration management using Chef, Salt, Puppet, or an equivalent is nice to have.
* At least 7+ years of experience with automation, tooling, CI/CD/builds.
* Solid experience in a large development organization.
* A passion for detail and excellence.
* Results-oriented and able to work with tight deadlines.
* Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
* Deliver high quality work and keep the work documented (both in-line and separately).
* Good interpersonal skills; capable of collaborating and brainstorming with technical staff.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal? Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability.