Tools and Infrastructure Lead 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
Riverbed is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for the hybrid enterprise to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed is trusted by the world s best brands for the delivery of superior application performance for their globally connected enterprises. Riverbed s 28,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global100.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
* Work with developers to determine what tools and services we could provide to make them more efficient and productive.
* Create and manage software projects to design, implement, deliver, document, and support those tools and services.
* Maintain and enhance build and deployment systems.
* Work with development teams to design and promote best practices in release engineering.
* Assist with the Release Management lifecycle for products, including scheduling, coordinating and managing the product releases across the enterprise and across various portfolios.
* Assist with establishing, refining and monitoring organization-wide processes as they pertain to our products and releases.
* Work with cross-departmental teams from inception to deployment to ensure planning, execution, training, and support of our products and releases.
* Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
* Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time
* Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
* Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
* Interface and communicate with Quality Engineers, Product Managers, Development Managers, Dev Ops and cross functional stake holders on the status of product releases, milestones, risks and mitigations.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 8+ years of previous release, tools and/or project management in enterprise software experience.
* Experienced in software tools and release management in Linux environments.
* Experience with builds using Make, Mock is required. Gradle will be a plus.
* Experience with rpm, debian, and iso packages required. Docker or Openstack are a plus.
* Experience with code coverage tools and governance tools required.
* Ability to fully grasp and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion.
* Hands on experience and knowledge of Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.) required.
* Experience managing build environments required.
* Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) are a plus.
* Previous experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment highly desired.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to drive change across product and engineering groups.
The WAN Optimization Group
The wide area network (WAN) is the foundation of a globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. When you join the WAN Optimization Group, you ll have a hand in creating the products and solutions that are critical to everything organizations do over networks. You ll work with top engineers to break the barriers that constrain businesses, and enable them to run faster and more efficiently. The group s industry-leading products are built on our patented technology that accelerates applications through data, transport, and application streamlining. RiOS is the foundation of award-winning products, including SteelHeadTM CX, SteelHeadTM EX, SteelHeadTM SaaS, SteelCentralTM Controller for SteelHeadTM, and SteelHeadTM Interceptor.
Why Riverbed Technology*
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.