This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
At Ingevity, we re working hard to fulfill our potential. What about yours* At a time when many companies and careers are stalling, we are not. In fact, we recently became a stand-alone, publicly traded performance chemicals and materials company. We are dedicated to advancing technologies that improve daily living in oilfield, pavement, carbon and industrial markets, and we re positioned to grow at a rapid pace.
We re expanding and continue to invest in our operations to grow our businesses. And we re not finished. We are also, more importantly, investing in top talent. We re seeking individuals who will propel our business to even higher levels of success. We prize creativity and imagination - and our innate curiosity means we re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
Bold. Innovative. Visionary. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success.
The Tour Foreman will oversee the operation, maintenance, quality, logistics and emergency response requirements of the plant for a specific shift. The Tour Foreman will work a rotating shift and manage operating personnel. This includes ensuring sufficient staffing, effective training, performance management, and coaching. You will oversee all off hour plant maintenance, including mechanical, instrumentation, and electrical.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY:
* Ensures completion of planned work in the areas, managing off hour outages, and completion of PM s.
* Manages maintenance personnel on off hours. This includes ensuring effective training, performance management, and coaching.
* Safety Lead on shift supporting of a zero incident/accident rate.
* Ensure oversight and monitoring of air permit compliance, spill response, and waste water systems.
* Ensure that Environmental systems and area checklists are all in order.
* Perform and document initial incident investigations and PSE events.
* Support site wide security needs.
* Oversee all plant operations, shipping and maintenance for a given shift.
* Ensure execution of production plans for all manufacturing areas.
* Coordinate, and oversee plant shipping and receiving requirements. Knowledgeable of DOT and Quality requirements.
* Call out for additional resources as needed. This could be either Ingevity maintenance personnel or approved contractors.
* Ability to use SAP Maintenance module for tracking, and completing work orders and PM s.
* Issue safe work permits, contractor authorization permits, etc.
* Interact and effectively communicate with Covington paper mill during off hours, weekends, and holidays.
* Establish daily work expectations, monitor and execute plans, and effectively report on progress and issues.
* Supervise hourly personnel in a fast paced union environment.
* Make decisions in an effective and timely manner; understand the scope of decision making authority.
* Ability to become part of a high performing management team; supporting and executing business strategy and cultural goals.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* Candidate must have aptitude for facilitation, problem solving, and be effective at leading individuals and groups toward resolution of issues.
* Ability to Support and assist systems to maintain TS 16949 and RC 14001 certifications.
* 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment either in a production or maintenance role preferred.
* Basic knowledge of chemical processes, equipment, and technologies including mass balance, piping systems, pumps, and instrumentation.
* Ability to communicate effectively through electronic means, using current software platforms and mobile devices.
* Knowledge of maintenance processes including mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation.
* Knowledge of safety, health, and environmental regulations and principles
* Knowledgeable of emergency response and requirements for First Responders
At Ingevity, we believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results. That s why we harness the exceptional ingenuity and relentless drive of our people to conquer complex customer challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are a talented, trusted and tenacious team, and we push the bounds of what s possible for our customers, day in and day out. We are creative and resourceful, constantly exploring fresh ways of bringing our people, products and processes together to solve problems, big and small. And we are determined to set and exceed standards, developing and delivering high-performance solutions that make a real difference in the real world-enabling oil to flow better, colors to shine brighter, roads to last longer and air to breathe cleaner.
In the end, we know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we re doing business, we do things the right way with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.