Tower Technician 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless".
Please apply or text keyword toweralabama to 313131
Perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction for expedited commercial deployment of services as directed by Superintendent and/or Foreman.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform tower construction activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas, mounting hardware, installing coax and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning, and optimizing antennas and lines.
* Read Plans, Site Plans and Tower Drawings.
* Install, connect and test underground and above ground grounding systems.
* Complete work in a timely and efficient manner by planning, prioritizing, and mobilizing staff, materials to meet schedule.
* Ensure Foreman is apprised of construction progress, concerns, and deviations from plans or established schedule.
* Identify all materials and other resources needed to complete project.
* Identify construction "punch list" of items to be remedied and ensure they are completed prior to customer s inspection.
* Maintain and enforce all SBA and OSHA safety practices, perform daily job-site safety inspections on equipment prior to operation.
* Work with Construction Supervisor and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
* Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
* Must be able to satisfactorily complete all aspects of SBA s Tower U training classes.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* High School diploma or GED required.
* 1+ year of wireless tower construction experience or 2+ years of climbing experience required.
* Able to read blueprints, details and specifications.
* Cad-weld or other thermo-weld training helpful.
* Anritsu certified a plus.
* Knowledge of and ability to operate Test Equipment a plus (i.e. RF sweep gear, PIM and Fiber Testing).Certifications in each a plus
* Knowledge of standard knots,
* Successfully complete SBA Tower U and TS&R Training
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Valid Driver s License - strongly preferred/may be required depending upon the location in which the position is required to work.
* Ability to operate Commercial Motor Vehicles a plus
* May be required to obtain a Medical Examiners DOT Medical Card.
* OSHA Certification can be obtained via successful completion of SBA Tower U training class.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
* Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
* Standing 90% of the day.
* Ability to stoop and bend.
* Ability to reach and stretch.
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
* Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb.
* Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
* Risk of electrical shock and radiation.
* Work near mechanical parts.
* May work in high, precarious places.
* Very loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jackhammers.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of SBA to not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status and to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals..