Toy Store Assoc
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Mattel/Global Supply Chain
El Segundo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
For more than 15 years The Mattel Toy Stores have been a part of the world s leading manufacturer of toys, Mattel, Inc. They provide a fantastic experience where friends and neighbors can shop for affordable premier brand name toys that bring a smile to a child s face today and tomorrow.
We are currently seeking an innovative and self-starting SEASONAL/ON CALL TOY STORE ASSOCIATE who has excellent interpersonal and communications skills and is detail oriented. This position will report to the Toy Store Manager.
Objective of Position:
To provide excellent customer service for Mattel Toy Store customers and drive store sales!
Sales Floor & Customer Service Responsibilities:
* Cash and credit transactions for retail, wholesale and charity customers at the cash register
* Process returns and exchanges
* Count till and cash drops and balance the register at the end of a shift
* Review, process and record coupons received
* Enter new members and update member information
* Maintain order and cleanliness of the register station
* Greet customer at entry
* Greet customers and assist with finding the desired product, use knowledge of inventory and product to make suggestions as needed and to supplement sales
Warehouse & Inventory Responsibilities:
* Stock shelves, ensure correct and current signage, merchandise product and clean as needed
* Receive and count deliveries, elevate discrepancies to the assistant manager as required
* Price and label received product and existing inventory
* Move product to the sales floor for stocking based on inventory/sales reports and new inventory received
* Maintain clean and safe warehouse environment
* Cycle (inventory audit) counts
Experience, Education & Skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and be flexible to changes in priorities and schedules
* Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
A successful candidate must have:
* Excellent customer service and communication skills
* Ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes
* Capability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to bend and stretch - ability to lift 25 pounds
* Manual dexterity for use of a cash register, computer keyboard and telephone
A successful candidate will likely have:
* Experience working in a retail/store/sales environment
* Related certifications, high school degree/GED
The requirements of this position may change from time to time in accordance with the changing conditions of the business. Therefore, Mattel requires the incumbent to be flexible and to assume any corresponding changes in responsibilities.
Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl , Barbie , Fisher-Price , Hot Wheels , Monster High and Thomas & Friends , among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer