Toy Store Assoc
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
Mattel/Global Supply Chain
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
WHO WE RE LOOKING FOR
For more than 15 years The Mattel Toy Stores have been a part of the world s leading manufacturer of toys, Mattel, Inc. They provide a fantastic experience where friends and neighbors can shop for affordable premier brand name toys that bring a smile to a child s face today and tomorrow.
We are currently seeking an innovative and self-starting SEASONAL/ON CALL TOY STORE ASSOCIATE who has excellent interpersonal and communications skills and is detail oriented. This position will report to the Toy Store Manager.
Objective of Position:
To provide excellent customer service for Mattel Toy Store customers and drive store sales!
Sales Floor & Customer Service Responsibilities:
* Cash and credit transactions for retail, wholesale and charity customers at the cash register
* Process returns and exchanges
* Count till and cash drops and balance the register at the end of a shift
* Review, process and record coupons received
* Enter new members and update member information
* Maintain order and cleanliness of the register station
* Greet customer at entry
* Greet customers and assist with finding the desired product, use knowledge of inventory and product to make suggestions as needed and to supplement sales
Warehouse & Inventory Responsibilities:
* Stock shelves, ensure correct and current signage, merchandise product and clean as needed
* Receive and count deliveries, elevate discrepancies to the assistant manager as required
* Price and label received product and existing inventory
* Move product to the sales floor for stocking based on inventory/sales reports and new inventory received
* Maintain clean and safe warehouse environment
* Cycle (inventory audit) counts
Experience, Education & Skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and be flexible to changes in priorities and schedules
* Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
A successful candidate must have:
* Excellent customer service and communication skills
* Ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes
* Capability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to bend and stretch - ability to lift 25 pounds
* Manual dexterity for use of a cash register, computer keyboard and telephone
A successful candidate will likely have:
* Experience working in a retail/store/sales environment
* Related certifications, high school degree/GED
The requirements of this position may change from time to time in accordance with the changing conditions of the business. Therefore, Mattel requires the incumbent to be flexible and to assume any corresponding changes in responsibilities.
The Mattel family of companies (NASDAQ:MAT) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. Mattel s portfolio of best-selling brands includes Barbie , the most popular fashion doll ever produced, Hot Wheels , Monster High , American Girl , Thomas & Friends and Fisher-Price brands, including Little People and Power Wheels , as well as a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2013, Mattel was named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by Ethisphere Magazine and is also ranked No. 2 on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel s companies employ nearly 30,000 people in 40 countries and territories and sell products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are Creating the Future of Play. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer