Tractor Trailer - Direct Store Delivery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
Join our GREAT Team! Earnings Potential 60K plus!
Comprehensive Benefits Package to Include; Medical,
Dental and Vision. Offers 401k plan and Tuition
The NE Pre-Order Delivery Driver is responsible for
operating a Tractor Trailer to deliver dairy products to
customers in assigned route. Position involves loading,
ordering, delivering, product accounting and other
functions involved in servicing a variety of customers.
The Delivery Driver is also responsible for maintaining
a clean and organized work area at all times.
* Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely,
courteous and accurate manner
* Load or unload cases of product manually with hook,
handcart or pallet-jack onto and off the truck. Ensure
load is properly secured. Collect empty cases.
* Stacking and dragging of cases of milk with a metal
* Collects or picks up empty containers and rejected or
* Collection of money from customers and record
transaction on customer receipt.
* Ensure that all accounts are maintained according to
the published schematics.
* Submit all customer paperwork and deposits daily;
including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
* Listens to and resolves customer complaints.
* Checks load security prior to travel and at each stop,
making adjustments when needed.
* Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork
including delivery tickets, pre and post trip
inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Know and comply with all Department of Transportation
regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or two years
related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* CDL License required Class A with Air Brake
* Able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for
virtually the entire shift. Able to operate electric and
manual pallet jacks moving pallets of product with
weights ranging up to 2482 pounds
* Pulling, pushing bossies of product with weights
ranging up to approximately 1230 pounds across rough,
uneven surfaces, up and down inclines, pulling onto and
off lift gates. Able to lift cases of product with
weights ranging up to approximately 50 pounds above 6
feet in height.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment with
moderate noise. Hard and sometimes slippery
floors.Temperature range includes outdoors, indoors and
cargo areas from 34 -120 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to all required medical exams, drug and
background checks (including criminal).
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.