Tractor Trailer - Transport Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
Join our GREAT Team! Earnings Potential 60k Plus!
Comprehensive Benefits Package to Include; Medical,
Dental and Vision! Offers 401k plan and Tuition
The NE Resupply Driver is responsible for operating a
tractor-trailer to deliver dairy products to customers
in assigned route. Position involves loading, ordering,
delivering, product accounting and other functions
involved in servicing a variety of customers.
* Verify shipment accuracy and assure saleable condition
* Transact proper documentation in computerized
hand-held device or paper.
* Load/unload trucks.
* Resolve discrepancies and communicate major issues to
* Inspect equipment according to company and DOT
regulations; Tractor, trailer, pallet jack, load bars,
* Maintain a valid Class A and current DOT medical card.
Per Company and/or DOT regulations, report any moving
violations to management immediately.
* Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork
including delivery tickets, pre and post trip
inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
* Stock and/or rotate product in warehouse where
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Know and comply with all Department of Transportation
regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience
* Must possess and maintain CDL-A with doubles
endorsement, 5 years required
* Experience within food and beverage handling
* Must be able to drive, sit, operate/inspect vehicle,
stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for the
entire shift. Able to balance and pull product, climb in
and out of truck. Must be able to lift and/or move up to
six cases on hand truck. (Cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs.).
* Temperature range includes outdoors, indoors and cargo
areas from 34 -120 degrees Fahrenheit.
* For ice cream: Must be able to work in an environment
where the temperature is maintained at minus 22 degrees
* Must be able operate hand-held, truck-mounted
computer, refrigeration equipment and power jacks.
* Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment
with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors.
* Pallet Jack certification and training is preferred.
* Mechanical refrigeration experience is preferred.
* Must be able to operate a lift gate.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Must be able to effectively work in a team
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must have a clean driving record.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.