This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Trade Analyst will help Smithfield further evolve as best in class trade planning and strategic pricing experts by creation actionable and realistic strategies that grow sales and profits.
The Trade Analyst analyzes data from various sources to discover category and promoted group opportunities, develop strategic insights, and create pricing strategy recommendations for our business partners. This role will leverage experience and knowledge of trade planning processes to help generate winning pricing and promotion strategies that drive profitable sales growth for retailers and Smithfield.
The Trade Analyst should be highly collaborative and will be working closely with cross-functional partners in Business Development, Trade Planning, Marketing, and Category Management to help foster headquarter alignment on the trade planning/analytical initiatives and communications provided to field sales.
* Performs pricing and promotion analysis using syndicated, internal, and customer data sources.
* Recommends strategies and tactics to improve sales and profits in high impact retail packaged product categories.
* Strong cross functional leader and collaborative.
* Understand customer planning process and CPG pricing and promotion execution processes.
* Partners with sales and field based trade planning resources to implement customer plans.
* Bachelor's Degree required preferably in Marketing or Business Administration; MBA preferred.
* Requires 3-5 years relevant Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience in sales, marketing, or trade marketing.
* At least 1-3 years of experience with syndicated data (IRI, Nielsen, etc.) preferred.
* Must be highly proficient/expert in MS Power Point and Excel, plus deep experience with IRI, Nielsen, and pricing/trade analytics.
* Candidate must demonstrate mastery of trade planning/strategy creation processes and have a successful track record with quantifiable, real-world successes.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but must operate cross-functionally to lead teams and complete tasks.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.