Trade Control Risk Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Trade Control Risk Analyst within our Treasury Risk group based in Houston, TX.
Job Duties Include:
* Substantiate ETRM system generated P&L.
* Produce accurate and timely daily trading P&L and Risk Position reports, assess key drivers, and provide daily management commentary.
* Validate pricing inputs, review new business activity, validate accuracy of trade entry and day one P&L, analyze day-over-day changes in physical and financial trading risk positions, determine impacts to reported P&L, review trade amendments and/or trade cancellations and assess impact to risk positions, portfolio valuation and resulting P&L.
* Reconcile ETRM system generated P&L and positions with FO estimates.
* Troubleshoot and resolve trade entry, scheduling, pricing, and/or risk system issues.
* Provide assistance with ad-hoc inquiries and support both the Front Office and Accounting teams with key initiatives and projects.
* Review contract pricing language.
* Maintain and report pricing calculations for several divisions within Oxy.
* Reconcile differences between ETRM systems and explain differences to management.
* Maintain a robust independent trade control environment.
* Continuously improve and streamline existing processes.
* Communicate effectively with Front Office, Operations, and Finance. *LI-YN1
* Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, Engineering or related quantitative field.
* Experience monitoring deal entry, reviewing position accuracy, reviewing transactions, and validating profit and loss statements.
* Ability to understand price structures, monitor pricing inputs, and possess experience reviewing trading contracts.
* High degree of comfort using at least one ETRM system, preferably Allegro.
* Strong understanding of trading book structure and risk disaggregation.
* Experience with physical commodities and knowledge of futures, options and derivatives.
* Process improvement experience.
* Requires knowledge of accounting P&L for energy trading, reconciliation of large data sets, strong problem solving abilities and ability to work in fast paced environment.
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
* Proficiency with Excel VBA macros strongly preferred.
* Workable knowledge of SQL queries and pivot tables strongly preferred.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status