Trade Floor Desktop Support Consultant 9/1/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY I have an excellent opportunity with one of our clients in New York City. Below is the job description. Please go through it and let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Desktop Support Technician (TRADE FLOOR)
LOCATION: Madison Ave, New York, NY
POSITION TYPE: Full-time permanent
SALARY: $70,000 to $80,000 + Bonus & Benefits
SHIFT SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 11:00 AM. to 7:30 PM.
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
The purpose of the Desktop Support Activity is to provide hardware and software installation, technical assistance and repair services to employees of Client and its customers, so they receive a professional, accurate, and timely resolution to their requests.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support internal customers with technical assistance, network connectivity, equipment diagnosis and troubleshooting of hardware and software
* Support remote employees with technical assistance, remote access connectivity, equipment diagnosis and troubleshooting of hardware and software
* Maintain and troubleshoot existing PCs and peripherals throughout the company's network including but not limited to PCs, notebooks, and laptops
* Provide service and support for all IT equipment to include personal computers, peripheral devices, hardware, and software used for business purposes including setup and troubleshoot mobile devices
* Support all employees and respond to all incidents in a timely, courteous, and efficient manner
* Provide training on an as-needed basis to employees
* Provide on-call coverage during non-business hours. This includes maintaining a corporate issued mobile device
* Provided after hours system testing and remediation support as necessary
* Assist in deployment of new technologies and other related tasks.
* Manage IT inventory of all equipment, licenses, service, and support contracts and incidents.
* Responsible for the installation of Operating System and Antivirus updates as necessary
* Move, Add, and Change all technology associate with the desktop computing environment, including but not limited to PC's, monitors, phones, and printers
* Provide subtenant support for moves, adds, and changes as needed
* Order, maintain, setup, and distribute all telecommunications equipment including but not limited to mobile voice and data devices, headsets, and telephones
* High School Diploma required/College Degree preferred
* Technical Certification in related field preferred
* Customer service experience a plus
* Strong organizational skills, able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
* Ability to work independently or in a team environment
* Occasional travel, estimated to be 15% of schedule (Boston or other office locations)
* Must be dependable and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to interact with various levels of employees throughout the organization
* Ability to relay technical information to non-technical business units
* Microsoft Windows 7
* Microsoft Office 2007 - 2013
* Microsoft SCCM
* Basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
* ACTIVE DIRECTORY
* MS LAPS (a plus)
* McAfee (a plus)
* Bloomberg (a plus)
* Capital IQ (a plus)