Tradeshow and Events Manager 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Edmund Optics is seeking a Tradeshow and Events Manager. He/she oversees the planning and execution of tradeshows and special events directly supporting Edmund Optics Americas Sales and Marketing strategic objectives.
* Coordinates all amenities and accommodations at the event.
* Monitors and controls eventbudgets and assists in the negotiation of all necessary contracts.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Leads and directs the work of others for activities related to the event including: packing and unpacking of materials, event set-up, coordination of demos, and promotional needs.
* Excellent meeting planning and event coordination skills. Independently oversees meeting logistics.
* Effectively develops and communicates critical deadlines, key event details, and event metrics.
* Successfully coordinates communications, meetings, and activities among multiple remote groups or organizations to meet goals and objectives.
* Maintains inventory and equipment related to events in order to ensure smooth operation.
* Evaluate success and performance at tradeshows and events for future improvement.
* Provide a positive, solutions-orientated approach to business challenges.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* 7+ years of corporate tradeshow and eventexperience; 4years direct management experience
* Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
* Team player, assertive, self-motivated, efficient, proactive, flexible, reliable
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
* Proficient in MS Office
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
* Ability to work within multi-discipline team
* Willingness to accept new challenges
* Highly motivated and energetic
* Knowledge of CRM a plus
* B2B Industry experience a plus
* Other requirements as needed
* Some overnight travel is required
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, move boxes, and other tasks related to setting up a tradeshow booth or event space; frequent bending and lifting; ability to stand for long periods of time; work in warehouse environment and office setting; may be required to use a ladder to obtain supplies; ability to travel.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, pre-tax accounts for health care, reimbursement for health club costs, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Relocation support available for qualified candidates.