Traffic Control Specialist/Flagger - Raleigh
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE AWP TEAM?
* Earn up to a $2/hour raise in your first year!
* Enhanced SAFETY bonus program.
* No experience necessary. We will train you!
* Training is offered to all employees to maintain our high safety standards and provide advancement opportunities.
* Job stability! We are America s traffic control leader.
* Professional development and promotions with increased pay.
* Ability to transfer to another facility. We are located in 18 states and are still growing!
WHAT DOES A TRAFFIC CONTROL SPECIALIST/FLAGGER DO?
* Safely control the movement of vehicular traffic through work zones using a Stop/Slow paddle.
* Protect the lives of motorists, pedestrians, customers, co-workers and themselves in work zones.
* Maintain a consistent and unrelenting focus on safety throughout all job functions.
* Warn workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
* Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle/equipment inspections.
* Position temporary work zones using advance warning signs, traffic cones, barrels and other equipment.
* Load and unload AWP company truck with equipment.
* Drive the AWP company truck to and from the work sites.
* Keep equipment and AWP company trucks well organized and in working order.
* Be professional and courteous treating customers, including agitated drivers, as if each is a member of our family.
* Provide on-time arrival and a safe work zone.
* Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations.
* Maintain constant communication with work crew and co-workers using 2 way radios or other means of communication.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including hard hat, eye protection, reflective vest, gloves and steel-toed boots.
* High level of stamina to drive constant physical effort, including standing on cement and various surfaces for extended periods of time, possibly as much as 8-12 hours per day.
* Sitting is NOT permitted in active work zones.
* Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions and environments with exposure to dust, dirt, and loud noises.