Traffic Coordinator - Manufacturing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
* Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes)
* Strength Training Systems
* Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
* Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
* Rewards and recognition for superior performance
* Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
* Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people s lives
* Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
* Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
About this role: In this role, the Traffic Coordinator performs administrative and strategic support in the traffic/shipping office of the Whitsett NC location. Responsibilities include full scope of scheduling and coordination of international/domestic shipments with freight forwarders, managing the international documentation requirements and reviewing and approving LC process with sales and accounting depts. This position also functions as a secondary line of knowledge and expertise on carrier rate negotiations, carrier contracts administration, directing freight bill audit projects; liaison of RF barcode process for IC and production lines. Additionally, this person will be responsible for coordination of assembled products, specialized carrier interaction and special projects as necessary. Incumbent reports directly to department manager. Position involves intense interaction with other departments, such as sales/marketing, production, accounting, inventory control and also interaction with various carrier representatives.
You will be responsible for:
Actively pursues continuous improvement and ease of doing business to meet or exceed customer needs and to further overall company goals and objectives.
* Monitors domestic and international shipping regulations.
* Precor procedures/processes for legal and regulatory compliance.
* Issues bills of ladings, commercial invoices, export documentation, and processes any other required documentation for product movement, inbound or outbound.
* Monitors the daily inventory of incoming and outgoing finished goods via both computer and manual functions.
* Conducts both pre and post audits of freight bills for rate, classification or other errors.
* Files claims, keeps monthly ledger of claims activities, monthly reports on carrier progress, and provides other miscellaneous reports as needed or directed.
* Monitors monthly contract achievement with carriers and adjusts future volume requirements accordingly.
* Represents FG/shipping needs by participating in team efforts for various projects involving interdepartmental objectives/goals.
* General office/administrative duties as required.
* Proactively problem solve and communicate with appropriate departments when product or customer service issues arise.
* Ability to coordinate and dispatch the most efficient loads to remain cost effective and meet customer expectations.
* Assists in warehouse duties when required. Such duties might include inventory on product, scanning units/labels, marking outbound freight, and loading of trucks.
* Familiar with different type of forklift equipment
* Providing miscellaneous training through out company on RF barcode applications.
* Assisting is writing and updating procedure/process manuals for various functions.
* Provide back-up to Customer Service.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
To be successful in the role you will have:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Two years of college or transportation education a plus or significant job experience; 3-5 years in a similar position which provided applicant with knowledge/expertise necessary.
* 3 years experience and knowledge of ocean and air consolidation and general international shipping procedures and requirements in a manufacturing environment is required.
* Experience with LTL, TC, Ocean, Air and parcel shipping methods.
* Advanced knowledge of bill of lading, commercial invoices, and export documents is required
* Knowledge and experience in warehouse/inventory control procedures is required.
* Strong background and understanding of transportation legal terms and conditions is mandatory.
* Knowledge in all export custom documents.
* General office skills and strong use of personal computer applications.
* Requires very strong math and logic skills.
* Knowledge and use of scheduling, SAP and/or WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) utilizing barcode data collection technologies a plus.
* Customer Focus - Promotes a high level of commitment to anticipating, understanding and meeting the needs of our customers both internal and external.
* Communication - Effectively expresses ideas and information in writing and orally to individuals or groups using careful listening, tact and candor, two-way communication, and a high impact communication style. Demonstrates the ability to convey information and ideas effectively and clearly in written and oral form, tailored to the audience. Communicates with candor and tactfulness. Initiates timely, appropriate communication with others and tests for feedback. Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
* Proactive Initiative - Demonstrates personal energy, drive and initiative in the pursuit of individual , work group, and organizational objectives. Seeks out opportunities to contribute.
* Industry and Job Knowledge - Demonstrates up-to-date, in-depth knowledge of the logistics industry and maintains current expertise in his/her own technical/functional area.
* Problem Solving and Decision Making - Demonstrates skill in assessing problems, identifying solutions, and making effective decisions.
* Manufacturing environment, where temperature can be seasonably cool or warm.
* Will be exposed to noise in manufacturing environment on a daily basis
* Personal eye protection and steel toe shoes required.
* Work hours may change depending on seasonal demands of business.
* Use of computer keyboard approximately 6+ hrs per day.
* Occasional requirement to work within dusty warehouse environment.
* Abilty to lift up to 40 lbs and stand up to 4-8 hours daily.
* Should have the ability to accomplish variety of tasks simultaneously.
* Should have strong math skills.
* Must be able to comply with Precor Attendance Policy.
* Should be able to work independently and with varying hours.
* Must be able to communicate effectively both written and orally.
* Will need to be forklift certified.
Precor is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,