Staff Traffic Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis seeks a Staff Traffic Engineer to join the team in Atlanta, GA.
Arcadis offers global experience in the latest intelligent transportation system (ITS) implementations, crafting customized solutions for local transportation needs. Since many of our traffic and transportation engineers have served in state or municipal capacities, we have a deep, localized understanding of regulatory and policy objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* The Traffic Signal Timing Engineer will be responsible for planning, development, implementation, fine tuning and evaluation of traffic signal timing.
* Responsibilities also include analysis of traffic signal operation on arterials and networks, specification of applicable data collection, development of new signal timing parameters based on detailed analysis, inputting traffic signal plans via central control systems and/or directly into local controllers, and design and analysis of traffic surveys to evaluate signal timing effectiveness.
* Experience in report writing and making public presentations about analysis, recommendations and evaluation results will be an advantage.
* Additional responsibilities include business development, proposal preparation, project management and budget control.
* Develops documents including project scopes, specifications, schedules, standard operating procedures, and cost estimates in order to support project work.
* Routinely communicate effectively with client on increasingly complex and technical issues.
* Displays flexibility and changes approach or methods to fit the situation. Additional workload for signal timing as directed.
* Minimum 6 Years of Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering. Master s Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
* PE required.
* Experience is required in SYNCHRO and experience with one or more simulation models, such as VISSIM and CORSIM is an advantage.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* PTOE desired. IMSA desired.
* Experience is required with one or more signal timing analysis tools for both isolated and coordinated signals, as well as simulation tools to illustrate traffic operation with signal timing plans.
Engineering - Transportation
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.