Trailer Technician (Req #16-312) 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TRAILER TECHNICIAN
REQUISITION #: 16-312
LOCATION: 9400 NE Vancouver Way, Portland, OR 97211
TO APPLY: VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE AT (www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers/) AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, heavy-duty truck dealership based in Portland, OR is a growing company with over 1,100 employees in 24 locations in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington.
We have a full-time opportunity for a Trailer Technician for our Portland Trailer & Auto Transport Center. We are a Wabash, Benson, Transcraft, Cottrell, and Sun Country licensed dealership supporting all makes of trailers, auto haulers, and equipment, including dry vans, reefers, drop decks, car carriers, and more. Twenty-five service bays, fabrication, body & paint, and a large parts department dedicated to trailer and auto transport equipment make us one of the busiest dealerships in the West.
In this role you play a big part in delivering on our customer commitment which is to gain customer loyalty by providing exceptional service. As a Trailer Technician, you will perform all aspects of trailer repair including but not limited to: brakes, suspension, roof, floor, doors, lift gate, trailer structure, lighting, etc.
* Maintain proficiency in the diagnosis and repair of all equipment.
* Complete all repair orders in a timely manner ensuring all labor and parts are charged to the appropriate unit.
* Effectively and efficiently perform preventative maintenance inspections. Ensure the timely and effective repair of any problems identified.
* Ensure safety and EPA policies are complied with to meet local, state, and federal standards.
* Accountable for all direct and indirect labor hours on a daily and weekly basis.
* Trailer repair and welding experience
* Knowledge of trailers and understanding of mechanical systems
* Must have own hand tools
* Clear speaking and listening skills
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle information and diagnose equipment
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs without assistance
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Valid driver s license
* Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check
* CDL A or B
* Welding skillsAll offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
More About TEC Equipment
Founded in 1976 by David Thompson, TEC Equipment continues to be a family-owned and operated business and is committed to hiring the best talent that share our values Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-focus. Learn more about our history and customer commitment by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/our-history.
At TEC Equipment, our people are our most important asset. We offer a family-oriented environment and competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Health Insurance
* Life and Accident Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits and current job opportunities by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law..