Trainer - Aviation Finishes
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONGP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com.
* Plans and delivers aircraft advanced finish systems training programs for factory production employees and field support personnel.
* Conducts training and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
* Performs data analysis and gathers information for new training; prepares and maintains training materials; and coordinates the development of new training materials and training aids.
* Coordinates training content with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
* Revises lesson plans to keep technical information up to date and meet new training requirements.
* Responsible for instilling and maintaining process discipline through classroom instruction and lab sessions.
* Interfaces with supervisors to determine training and certification requirements for assigned personnel and make recommendations to supervision/management for de-certification due to substandard performance and/or the inability to complete assigned tasks within established time parameters.
* Analyzes current operating problems and future operating requirements to identify training needs and develop training programs
* Executes and maintains company-wide training programs as well as the maintenance of a company-wide training and qualification record system.
* Maintains currency in technical developments, technical training, and audiovisual techniques including the maintenance of applicable courseware.
* Prepares classrooms and sets-up training materials; conducts classroom, shop and simulator training (if required) with customers for the purpose of developing and maintaining a high degree of proficiency
* The successful candidate will possess approximately four years of experience in aircraft finishing systems with two years in advanced finishing systems.
* Candidate will also possess approximately two years instructional delivery on aircraft finishes.
* Military aviation experience a plus
* Education: Vocational / Military Training
* Comprehensive knowledge in aircraft finish systems, particularly related to military fighter aircraft
* Experience with Advanced Finish Applications, surface preparation including sanding and masking with emphasis on composite finishes, Fastener Fill processes, aircraft paint mixing, composite coating applications, and surface preparation and primer application
* Able to establish and direct training systems and/or conduct classroom and practical instruction to provide technical knowledge for the preparation of aircraft finishes, including surface preparation, coatings applications, and fastener fill processes in accordance with prescribed procedures
* Capable of writing, editing, and producing materials for technical instruction; provide assistance and support to production operations by helping determine training needs; and delivering effective finishes training
* Instructor skills including classroom lecture and lab presentations.
* Strong Computer skills.
* Bachelor s Degree a plus
* Required Travel: Less than 10%
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.