Trainer - Aviation Structures
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONGP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at http://us.gpstrategies.com/
* Plans and delivers aircraft structural maintenance and assembly training programs for factory production employees and field support personnel.
* Conducts training and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
* Performs data analysis and gathers information for new training; prepares and maintains training materials; and coordinates the development of new training materials and training aids.
* Coordinates training content with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
* Revises lesson plans to keep technical information up to date and meet new training requirements.
* Responsible for instilling and maintaining process discipline through classroom instruction and lab sessions.
* Interfaces with supervisors to determine training and certification requirements for assigned personnel and make recommendations to supervision/management for de-certification due to substandard performance and/or the inability to complete assigned tasks within established time parameters.
* Analyzes current operating problems and future operating requirements to identify training needs and develop training programs
* Executes and maintains company-wide training programs as well as the maintenance of a company-wide training and qualification record system.
* Maintains currency in technical developments, technical training, and audiovisual techniques including the maintenance of applicable courseware.
* Prepares classrooms and sets-up training materials; conducts classroom, shop and simulator training (if required) with customers for the purpose of developing and maintaining a high degree of proficiency.
* Required Travel: Less than 10%
* Four years of experience in aircraft maintenance and structural systems.
* Candidate will also possess approximately two years instructional delivery on maintenance and structural systems.
* Knowledge of inspection, repair, and operation of aircraft, aircraft systems, ground equipment, tools, and test equipment
* Military aviation experience a plus
* Comprehensive knowledge in aircraft maintenance, structural assembly, inspection, repair, and operation of aircraft, aircraft systems, ground equipment, tools, and test equipment related to military aircraft
* Experience in aircraft manufacturing training including Instructional System Design (ISD) concepts: understanding of aviation manufacturing processes including reading and understanding of aircraft manufacturing blueprints and electronic work instructions; subassembly manufacturing processes including Drill, Ream, and Countersink (DRC); Liquid and Solid Shim installation; Fastener installation and use of Torque Fasteners; fabrication and assembly of composite materials; Eddie Bolt/Lock Bolts, Blind Bolts, and installation of Bonded Nut-plates
* Able to establish and deliver training systems and/or conduct classroom and practical instruction to provide technical knowledge on maintenance and structural assembly.
* Bachelor s Degree is a plus
* Capable of writing, editing, and producing materials for technical instruction; provide assistance and support to production operations by helping determine training needs; and delivering effective electrical training.
* Instructor skills including classroom lecture and lab presentations.
* Strong Computer skills.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.