Training Coordinator- Physician Billing/ Revenue Cycle
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Under general direction of the Manager, the Training Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all elements required to successfully and smoothly deliver training. This includes creating the training schedule and managing all notifications and logistics associated with the schedule for a multi-session, multi-course program extending over multiple months and locations. The Training Coordinator is responsible for updating LMS and being the point of contact for participants and instructors for questions and support related to all aspects of training enrollment. The Training Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating and maintaining reproduction and distribution of training materials. Training will be a mix of delivery methods including classroom training, e-learning, and other forms and delivered over multiple releases.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist's Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation. Please include estimated % weighting for each Pillar.
1. Supports and works closely with the training development team to be familiar with the training curriculum, materials, training sessions and locations and points of contact for training sessions and content owned by an external department (Patient Experience, MARS, etc.)
1. Develops an integrated training schedule for the PO Training Program, including course schedules, instructors, rooms/locations, and participants.
2. Coordinates the training schedule, ensuring participants and instructors are notified, materials are in the correct room at the correct time, equipment is available and working, and rosters are maintained.
3. Primary point of contact for all training sessions and questions
4. Liaison to any remote location training points-of-contact and to instructors in the field.
5. Communicates the technical requirements and timeframe for e-learning to training participants. Provide front-line support as required on accessing e-learning.
6. Coordinates the training material reproduction and distribution process.
7. Coordinates and monitors the use, set up, and condition of training classrooms in collaboration with the training team
8. Coordinates site access for instructors and participants as required.
9. Collects attendance sign-in sheets and assessment results.
1. Updates and maintains LMS.
2. Tracks training and reports on completions. Identify any needs for rescheduling of training. Communicates and provides documented participant completion to the appropriate points of contact (Practice Admin, IT for systems access, PO Administration, etc.)
3. Aggregates, monitors, and reports classroom assessment results and distributes as appropriate upon instruction from Training and Support Manager.
1. Performs tasks in a timely fashion to meet department turn-around-times.
2. Identifies cost saving initiatives within the department and communicates recommendations.
1. Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in the face of changing demands.
2. Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that improve quality or service.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Associates Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field.
2 years in a Training Coordinator role, including prior experience working with a Learning Management System (LMS).
2 years project management experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Please add additional knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Experience coordinating large scale training material and schedule reproduction
- Experience in data collection, basic data analysis and creating summary reports of data.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Exceptional skills in Excel required. Experience managing large documents and multiple files required.
- Working knowledge of computers necessary to operate effectively with company systems, the LMS, and e-learning.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines, and multitask.
- Attention to detail; ability to manage timelines; ability to be flexible and responsive.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Teamwork orientation.
- Ability to be self-directing and work independently in both daily work and achieving organizational goals.
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
Travel up to 50% of the time within a 50 mile radius of home location
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.