Training Developer 9/10/2016
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
US Citizenship and the ability to maintain a DoD security clearance required.
Training Developer to work with other ISDs/Training Developers, Technical Writers, Software Engineers, and subject matter experts to develop effective adult learning opportunities for customer workforce. In collaboration with other ISDs/Training Developers, candidate will design and develop content/instruction and other learning solutions that prepare students with the knowledge needed to carry out their mission as defined by role and task. Perform Task Analysis on newly developed software. Instructional design support to a dynamic environment to include course design for classroom delivery, including design and development of learner activities and exercises, creation of instructional materials and lesson plans. Develop/Design content/courses for embedded and blended-learning environments, incorporating technology into the design and delivery. Consult with instructors and subject matter experts to determine instructional requirements, collect data, customize design proposals, and implement solutions. Collaborate with technical developers/designers to produce media that supports instructional goals and objectives. Analyze, evaluate, observe courses to propose and plan design improvements. Collect, analyze, report and use quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions or projects. Use a range of educational technologies in support of synchronous, asynchronous and self-service teaching and learning.
* Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
* BA degree in related technical field and 10-12 years prior relevant experience OR Master s Degree in Instructional Systems Design related technical field with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
Familiarity with Army Training development processes * Strong working knowledge of the systems engineering process and the system engineering lifecycle
* Experience in writing of all levels of Training documentation/products IAW with Army standards
* Experience in writing contract deliverables per Data Item Descriptions
* Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to brief various audiences on status of projects, as needed
* Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate and work with technical staff
* High level of proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
* Experience in developing and delivering Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs)
* Experience in developing and delivering technical publications, such as requirements specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, training manuals and other documentation utilized by end users
* Experience working on software development projects, especially Agile based development programs, within DoD, US Army, PM MC and/or AFATDS
AASKI provides an excellent package of comprehensive benefits for full-time employees beginning the first day of employment.
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
* 10 Paid Holidays; 3 weeks Paid Time Off.
* 401k Retirement Plan with employer match.
* Life Insurance and AD&D; Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance and AD&D.
* Long and Short Term Disability.
* Flexible Spending Account.
* Discounted Legal Service, Income Protection, Discounted Home & Auto.
Experience working in a CMMI Level 3 project/business environment a plus for all open positions. US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Security clearance required. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability. All employees of the Company are employed At Will. This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability.