Training & Development Manager 8/16/2016
Port Washington, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Training & Development Manager
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) product, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services. 2015 annual sales were approximately $7.5 billion. The Company employs approximately 9,300 people, maintains relationships with over 25,000 suppliers, and serves over 80,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. WESCO operates nine fully automated distribution centers and approximately 500 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
Brief Posting Description
The Training and Development Manager is responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs for all employees, which align with strategic and operational goals and objectives.
* Develop strategic and operational plans to achieve results and ensure alignment with company goals and objectives through employee training and development initiatives.
* Assess, plan, identify and implement employee development strategies for all levels of the organization.
* Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training required to support the company's growth and direction.
* Provide classroom training, on-the-job training, in person workshops and e-learning materials to support a variety of organizational initiatives and business needs.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
* Develop and support initiatives that support employee engagement and development outside of the traditional classroom training environment.
* Manage the performance management process including goal setting and annual performance appraisals and provide necessary training for managers and employees.
* Manage the mentoring program including identification of mentors and mentees, matching of partnerships and planning of annual kickoff event and training of program participants.
* Other HR duties as required.
* 3 years experience with delivery and execution of training programs, including e-learning and classroom sessions
* 3 years project management experience
* 3 years experience working as a team lead or manager
Bachelors' Degreerequired, Masters' Degreepreferred
* Executive and management development experience, including consulting on organizational development, leadership development, change management and related strategies
* Ability to consult with all levels of management to determine viable solutions to complex problems in a corporate environment
* Understanding of adult learning principles
* Ability to create programs that support corporate strategic objectives
* Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.