Training & Development Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 4,800 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, 401(k) with company match, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, discounted stock purchase plans and more.
The Training and Development Specialist delivers instructor led training to The UPS Store franchise network including new store owner and multiple center owners. He/She plays a critical role to the success of The UPS Store network by possessing a well-rounded understanding of The UPS Store business model and providing a competent, professional and persuasive delivery of The UPS Store University curriculums.
The Training and Development Specialist demonstrates thorough knowledge of training content and apply appropriate instructional techniques. He/She manages class logistics to maintain the consistency and efficiency of classroom activities. This position facilitates curriculum content as designed and to communicate questions with clarity and effectively. The Training and Development Specialist conducts activity debriefs and leads discussions to aid learning and application of concepts and principles. He/She delivers instructions effectively both in a lecture format and in a hands-on computer lab environment.
* Acts as a liaison for participants to subject matter experts at the headquarters and route questions to the correct resources.
* Develops facilitation skills through The UPS University and other mediums to maintain effectiveness as a facilitator.
* Stays abreast of new products, services and programs available to The UPS Store network to incorporate into curriculum as applicable.
* Reviews facilitator guide and training materials regularly to confirm materials are correct, up-to-date and align with new products and services and corporate priorities.
* Meets with subject matter experts to review content and solicit feedback for training material updates.
* Works to identify opportunities to improve instructional materials and develop project plans for implementing proposed enhancements.
* Orders and maintains instructional and participants materials and supplies as needed.
* Keeps facilities staff aware of University needs including regular maintenance and classroom seating arrangements for upcoming classes.
* Provides regular cleaning and coordinates maintenance of equipment.
* Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools: Identifies basic measurement requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department, and business unit results; demonstrates a general ability to use multiple measurement methods for measuring performance; sets meaningful goals and objectives.
* Project Management: Demonstrates understanding of implementation objectives, project plan, and one's role within a project; participates in the implementation of a project; provides timely, thorough, and concise updates for area of responsibility; identifies areas of risk and properly communicates them to the project manager.
* Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
* Quality Assurance Knowledge: Communicates quality assurance methodology and explains desired outcomes of testing; identifies the steps in the project life cycle.
* Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and methods within small package operations; demonstrates a broad knowledge of tools, equipment, and technology used in small package operations; identifies root causes of recurring issues; describes the general structure of small package operations.
* Technical Writing: Demonstrates a general understanding and use of grammatical rules; expresses ideas clearly and concisely; explains the relationship of effective writing to business objectives.
* Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work.
* Associate s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) Preferred
* Associate s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) Graphic Design - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity