Training Manager, PAREXEL Consulting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Training Manager has overall accountability and success of the training function for PCMS working closely with Learning & Development and the Service Line Representatives. Develop, implement and maintain a core training curriculum for PCMS. Support PCMS Management through the provision and coordination of orientation and skills training for consulting staff to ensure that our services are conducted according to established SOPs and client expectations. Act as Training Manager for all service lines, scheduling and managing delivery of training to meet operational needs and facilitating certain non-technical related training sessions (along with subject matter experts where needed). Responsible for providing advice and support for leveraging and usage of the Learning Management System (LMS) by ensuring all training programs are included, assigned and tracked.Key Accountabilities
- Perform periodic and proactive needs assessments with appropriate PCMS representatives to fully understand training needs and requirements across the PCMS business.
- Prioritize and triage all training requests as appropriate to ensure meeting overall critical business needs and priorities.
- Design, develop, revise, administer, coordinate, schedule, and deliver training programs for staff working very closely with and leveraging the L&D group wherever possible.
- When developing training work with PAREXEL corporate Learning and Development (L&D) to leverage existing training - internal to PCMS, available through Corporate L&D, and external to PAREXEL.
- If external vendors are used, ensure expectations clear and manage vendor, continuously assessing outputs.
- Identify and prioritize future training needs and locations and schedule training in LMS as least 6 months in advance of sessions.
- Partner with the business to develop and maintain a Role Based Training Curriculum based on needs assessment to include both internal/external training as well as training to be developed.
- Leverage PAREXEL s LMS system (delegating to L&D wherever possible):
- Ensuring all training programs are loaded in the system
- Developing standard training plans for each title/role based on curriculum
- Monitor training reports to ensure compliance with training programs
- Fully understand LMS system to determine all ways PCMS can leverage (working closely with the L&D and the service lines)
- Provide support and advice to operational groups on the application of, and adherence to training processes and the use of systems.
- Based on feedback obtained during and after training sessions or as per management, proactively identify areas for efficiency gains and process improvements with subsequent follow-up including initial development and implementation of action plans for new training.
- Based on feedback/improvements discussed during training sessions, to ensure appropriate potential process improvements are triaged accordingly (forwarded to appropriate department/individual). Read and understand all existing PCMS SOPs to ensure feedback can be handled appropriately.
- Attend appropriate corporate training forums representing PCMS, providing feedback to management team.
- Attend internal PCMS management meetings where appropriate, as requested, providing training updates and eliciting feedback on existing and new training requirements.
- Contribute to the management of the training budget, ensuring that best use is made of all resources. Provide periodic metrics to Management on training deliverables and training effectiveness.QualificationsSkills
- Must have prior experience in training design and delivery - emphasis in the Life Sciences Consulting area preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and juggle workload with competing priorities
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently (using critical and strategic thinking techniques)
- IT literate Experience with Microsoft based applications and general knowledge of LMS type systems
- Culturally aware and ability to think and work globally
- Ability to travel as needed for the position Education - Bachelor s degree or equivalent required Language Skills - English proficiency Minimum Work Experience
- 7+ years in a Training position, preferably within Life Sciences Consulting
- Project management experience requiredEEO DisclaimerPAREXEL complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.