Training Manager (3924)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
They will work with leadership to understand current and future needs for role based training of both back office and operation workforce development, and identify opportunities for training and enhanced skills to address business needs. This person will establish a globally consistent framework and minimum requirements for site level training which aligns with and leverages global systems and resources. This role will work with Site Leaders to implement training programs and delivery and put in place the appropriate metrics to measure the effectiveness of role based training and report results to senior management. Need to manage and develop a team of trainers and Quality Assurance employees to appropriately schedule role based training based on business requirements and provide feedback on quality to business leaders while maintaining and reporting on training budget.
* Works with business partners to design, facilitate and evaluate enterprise-wide and department specific training programs designed for ongoing internal training & development, as well as product/technical training for our employees.
* Continues to push boundaries of corporate education with use of technology and industry leaders to help develop a world-class program of learning & organizational leadership.
* Ensures a positive learning experience is created and delivered; analyzes the audience, content, technologies, operational constraints and trade-offs associated with selecting the best delivery methods for each objective.
* Conducts post-learning evaluation to understand successes and improvement opportunities for the designed solution while establishing methods for ensuring quality.
* Liaises with other members of the business for content and identify ongoing department needs for training and development; tracks, trends and analyzes key metrics and utilize assessments to drive future program design and strategy.
* Identifies, coordinates and helps train content experts to conduct the training.
* Develops, executes and manages company-wide training and development initiatives, ranging from broad multi-month assignments to short-term, quick projects to include but not limited to: production
* Identifies training and development needs within the organization through needs assessment and regular consultation with management and HR colleagues.
* Develops training plans that enhance the effectiveness of employee performance and are in alignment with business strategy and goals.
* Manages the design and delivery of a wide variety of technical and professional training initiatives using proven sources of content, best practices in training design and diverse delivery methods to address skills and development for employees within all areas of the company.
* Identifies appropriate external learning partners and manages vendor relationships, as needed to support learning plans.
* Establishes relationships with subject matter experts, managers/supervisors and information critical contributors to support areas of training and development activities.
* Facilitate feedback and gain buy-in on new and enhanced tools, programs, and processes, working closely with both business partners and internal customers when appropriate.
* Maintains current knowledge of advances in training & development and applies leading-edge methods and practices to improve company programs.
* Responsible for developing and managing an annual training &development budget, forecasts costs and delegates numbers as required by organizational planning and budgeting systems.
* Assesses instructional effectiveness and produces summary evaluation reports to determine the impact of training on employee skills.
Experience & Qualifications Required
* Experienced in adult learning theory and practice
* Experienced in design and application of training programs and curriculum for back office and operational job types requiring a blend of both skill and knowledge based training and verification
* Bachelor's Degree in adult education, learning and development or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge / experience
* Other duties as assigned
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.