Training - Military Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Aegis Technologies Group, Inc
Shaw Afb, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure*
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
AEgis Technologies is seeking an experienced military analyst to work as an U.S. Army Central Command (USARCENT) G3 Planner responsible for providing operational and strategic level planning; and managing, supervising, conducting analysis, and executing plans from US Army Central s (USARCENT) mission activity covering the US Central Command (USCENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR) along warfighting functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Analyze DoD and Department of the Army (DA) guidance, directives, and Plans to assist with developing, presenting, and executing supporting Plans.
* Assist with forecasting long-term resource requirements in support of the USARCENT Campaign Plan and long-term operational strategy.
* Synchronize various planning functions within the USARCENT G-3, and coordinate with all affected staff organizations and subordinate unit commands.
* Maintain situational and operational awareness in order to provide recommendations and technical expertise in the development of future Plans and policy related efforts.
* Attend and monitor various battle rhythm meetings and briefs to inform and support planning efforts.
* Assist with developing and updating Level I (Commander s Estimate) thru Level IV OPLANs.
* Review plans to ensure they are comprehensive and are in compliance with directives and guidance from HQDA, USCENTCOM, and the Commander of USARCENT in achieving operational objectives, and provide recommendations for updates.
* Coordinate with USCENTCOM and component plans directorates to help ensure plans are nested with the planning efforts of higher and adjacent headquarters within the USCENTCOM area of operations.
* Review current situation, assess national and theater strategy, and review national and international security considerations for the CENTCOM AOR from an ASCC perspective to provide analysis and recommendations for theater posturing.
* Assist the Plans Branch in developing staff estimates and courses of actions for OPLANs and policy that support the geographic Combatant Commander s theater strategy, campaign plans, OPLANs and OPORDs.
* Assist the Plans Branch in developing OPLANs for mobilization and deployment.
* Review and provide analysis, comments, and summation of the Unified Command Plan, Contingency Planning Guidance, and Defense Planning Guidance and the Joint Service Capabilities Plan (JSCP).
* Participate and collaborate in joint operations planning to develop campaign plans, OPLANs, and OPORDs for the Geographic Commander.
* Assist with developing Army Service Component Command (ASCC) support OPLANs and CONPLANs.
* Combine plans of other staff elements into a single integrated planning document that will be staffed for review and approval.
* Coordinate ASCC plans with higher and adjacent commands.
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* US Citizen with current/existing security clearance
* 14+ years of experience with military organization and demonstrated experience working in contractor position supporting government customers
* Support surges in work, such as staging multiple events simultaneously.
* Availability for meetings, consultations and any related tasking and deadlines.
* Ability to produce deliverables in formats as required by staff leadership. Formats may include standard Microsoft documents (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), electronic/soft copy matrices and/or web-enabled formats.
* Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to work effectively independently, in a team or collaborative environment.
* Ability to produce timely, logical, and concise work products.
* Ability to produce products requiring little or no editing.
* Ability to work with senior officials, to build and sustain professional networks in a diverse, fast-paced, multi-task environment, and to manage competing priorities.
* Be adaptable and flexible to perform a range of tasks and work with many different offices and organizations across the intelligence Community.
* Be proactive in developing innovative ideas and in communicating them effectively to Government sponsors.
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* Less than 10% travel anticipated
*Experience working in an Army Service Component Command headquarters
* Knowledge / experience in CENTCOM AOR
*Bachelor's or equivalent experience