Training Project Manager 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
GP Sandy, a division of GP Strategies engages a wide variety of professionals to design and develop performance improvement/marketing programs for the Automotive OEMs.
Training Project Manager (part time/ project based)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects to includes interfacing with the senior management, project team members, and the client to meet customer and company expectations by performing the following duties:
* Serve as the single point of accountability for all aspects of the project.
* Maintain routine communications with the senior management concerning all aspects of the project.
* Direct and control all activities to meet/control customer expectations and meet budgeted financial objectives tied to the project.
* Coordinate and direct the staff assigned to the project.
* As appropriate, interface with subcontractors and consultants to ensure adequate staffing is available to meet customer needs.
* Review and verify the project log.
* Coach, counsel, and mentor project team members.
* Maintain project notebook and prepare/deliver project progress reports.
* Conduct internal project review meetings and act as project information source.
* Perform final GP review of deliverables.
* Monitor project deliverables to ensure quality is maintained.
* Serve as the primary client interface for project schedule, budget, and scope.
* Track all project costs to budget, project progress to schedule, and prepare cost-to-completion reports.
* Ensure that deliverables are on time, on/under budget, and meet customer expectations.
* Maintain a positive working environment for all aspects of the project.
* Identify and help determine resources needed on potential projects.
* Support the development of proposals by providing estimates for support activities.
* Develop a detailed schedule for the project.
* Prepare Statement of Work for the project and update as necessary.
* Distribute and review the contract book with all project team members monthly.
* Plan project team activities with input from the senior management.
* Make process improvement recommendations to senior management as required.
* Prepare the final project report.
* Prepare project experience statement for marketing.
* Strive to identify additional work with the client.
* 5 plus years of project coordination and/or project/event management experience with automotive OEM marketing or training programs
* Experience in the areas of communications, learning and marketing programs. Experiential marketing, learning, custom publication and events experience a plus
* Bachelors degree is preferred
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.