Transducer Design Engineer ( Ultrasound ) 9/8/2016
HBL Executive Search
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WE ARE seeking a candidates with a physics/EE background focused on electromechanical transduction devices, specifically, design, test, simulation and construction of piezoelectric transducer systems to work on high power airborne ultrasonic phased array transmission systems.
Candidate will work with EEs and Acoustic Transducer engineers to design, model, and test optimal systems. More importantly we are looking for a leader, someone that understands how to successfully navigate group dynamics. Are you an exceptional player/coach
Ideal position for a talented engineer looking for the opportunity to make a major contribution to a ground-breaking technology product. Must be highly motivated and able to lead.
We are looking for someone with demonstrated success, developing an innovative, transformative, result oriented & high performance culture.
Ability to arrive at creative solutions balancing regulatory requirements, operational priorities with & business necessities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicant must have demonstrated experience in the following core responsibilities:
ELECTROMECHANICAL TRANSDUCER DESIGN:
* Fundamentals of electromechanical device design, sensors and/or actuators. Piezoelectric devices a plus
* Phased arrays, 2D phased array experience a plus
* Beamforming methods, implementation and optimization
* Experience of integration of design into mass produced product
* Multi-industry experience desirable
* Acoustics or energy harvesting knowledge desirable
TRANSDUCER/ACOUSTIC NUMERICAL SIMULATION
* Fundamentals of calculations for standard device metrics and beam calculation
EXPERIENCE IN FE CODES
* ANSYS, Simulia, COMSOL, PZFlex and other specialist codes such as Field II and general codes such as MATLAB and Octave, CAD such as SolidWorks or Pro-E.
SMALL SCALE OR MEMS DEVICE MANUFACTURE
* Hands on experience in construction of transduction devices, millimeter or smaller scale
* Bonding, alignment, wiring
* Familiar with basic clean rooms, cleaners, ovens, wire/blade saws
* Experience in standard ultrasound testing equipment:
* Impedance analyzers, vibrometers, hydrophones etc.
* Analysis and presentation of large quantities of test data, and validation of simulation results.
MATERIALS KNOWLEDGE OF FUNDAMENTALS OF CONSTITUENT COMPONENTS
* Piezoelectric knowledge a plus
* Knowledge of basic scriptinglanguages such as Python, LabView
* Experience in numerical coding of physical phenomena a plus
* 7-10+ YEARS EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT
* ENGINEERING OR PHYSICS DEGREE REQUIRED
* Self-starter, ability to work in a cross disciplinary team in a rapidly growing company.
* This is an be individual contributor growing to manager role or above
* Candidate must be able to work in the U.S.