Transfer Center Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 26148-7458
Transfer Center Manager
HCA North Florida Transfer Center
(Located on the Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville campus)
WHO ARE WE*
* Nurses, EMTs, and Paramedics
* We work in a cutting edge, highly technical environment that equips us to serve our customers using up to date software applications and telecommunication equipment.
WHAT DO WE DO*
* We provide excellent telephonic customer service in a fast-paced environment focusing on safe, efficient patient transfers to the most appropriate level of care.
* We follow HIPAA, EMTALA, and other regulatory guidelines to provide a safety net for our customers. Through our knowledge of the services offered at the medical and psychiatric facilities in our region, we assist our customers in selecting the most appropriate location for our patients. The Transfer Center operates on a 24/7 basis and we are looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our team as the Manager.
The North Florida Transfer Center Manager is responsible for day to day management of the Transfer Center and staff to ensure accomplishment of organizational mission and objectives. The Manager is responsible for overseeing the nursing and EMS staff making sure that patients are directed and transported in an effective, appropriate manner. As directed, the Manager evaluates, analyzes, and interprets transfer center operations, to ensure that all goals and priorities are met.
Develops and recommends policies, procedures or programs to improve or enhance the quality, efficiency and/or effectiveness of Transfer Center operations in collaboration with Transfer Center Director, hospital and division leadership.
* Minimum three years progressive supervisory experience preferred, e.g., Call center, emergency and/or patient transportation dispatch, emergency department RN, etc.
* Current EMT certification.
* Bachelor s degree required
* Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking, communications and conflict resolution skills; ability to analyze information of a complex nature; ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks; ability to problem-solve and make decisions quickly.
* Customer service oriented; positive, enthusiastic, helpful personality.
* Proven experience and excellence in managing and developing people and programs.
* Ability to work well and make critical decisions under high-stress circumstances.
* Ability to relate well in diverse groups, articulate concerns, negotiates solutions among multi-disciplinary clinicians and administrators.
* Must possess excellent communication skills; ability to understand and convey complex information to many different kinds of people is an absolute requirement with demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
* Basic computer skills required.
Knowledge of EMTALA and state regulations related to patient transfers.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Last Edited: 08/12/2016