Transfer Pricing Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 4/19/2017
BDO USA, LLP
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Transfer Pricing Associate works with a team of consulting economists to help multi-national companies correctly price their transactions between entities within their corporate group. This role assists with examining a variety of economic conditions and industry trends, evaluating clients intercompany transactions and consulting with clients to set or substantiate prices charged between their related parties. The analysis of intercompany pricing is used to help companies with foreign and domestic tax regulations. The position requires not only strong analytical skills, but also exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, English or other relevant field of study required
- Economics and Finance degrees strongly preferred
- Internship within a professional services firm preferred, but not necessary
- Prior experience working within a transfer pricing practice preferred, but not necessary
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Prior exposure to Go Systems, Bloomberg terminal, tax research databases (including Standard and Poor s or Moody s branded products) and/or other tax-related software is beneficial, but not required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional research and writing skills
- Skilled in detailed reading, proofing and editing highly technical and descriptive material
- Able to independently produce the initial drafts of project deliverables are written reports
- Effective interpersonal skills and experience with presentations or public speaking
- Ability to work collaboratively in small and large groups
- Able to communicate directly with clients in a professional and confident manner
- Strong analytical and basic research skills
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Capable of working in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to research taxation topics and communicate or compose written analysis effectively
- Basic understanding of transfer pricing and the desire to learn more about the industry
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability