Transplant Social Worker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01588-71614
General Statement of Duties:
The Social Worker will evaluate the psychosocial needs of patients and family support systems and will coordinate appropriate treatment plans for identified patient populations. The Social Worker acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization. He/she will facilitate implementing timely treatment plans and facilitate follow-up to anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care. The Social Worker will provide crisis intervention and support. The Social Worker will assist the Case Manager in facilitating patient movement across the continuum of care and will identify and track barriers to patient throughput.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial needs of assigned patients; Involves patient, family/responsible/significant others, develops, implements, monitors and revises plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
2. Assesses patient needs and facilitates the provision of services necessary to meet identified needs; performs home health referrals, intermediate care and skilled nursing facility referrals, assist patients with medication acquisition, facilitates follow up appointments, arranges public transportation, etc.
3. Makes a diagnostic impression for mental health related issues including but not limited to depression, anxiety, substance abuse concerns, then develops an individual plan of care for patients to include treatment of mental health related issues, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, psycho-education, education related to accessing healthcare services at the appropriate level of care; preventative education, and community based resources.
4. Provides education to the under-resourced patient/family of potential and available resources; identifies needs, coordinates the development of realistic plans which include patient/family centered goals, facilitates implementing plan, and performs follow-up evaluation
5. Documents professional recommendations, care coordination interventions, treatment plans, and case management activities to effectively communicate to all members of the health care team
6. Participates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure all psychosocial, mental health and discharge needs are addressed.
MINIMAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Master of Social Work
* 2 or more years of Social Work, transplant experience is desired.
* Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
MINIMAL LICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
* Must have current Social Work License to practice in the State of Texas
Last Edited: 09/06/2016