Class A CDL Transport Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 3/3/2017
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Description: Ferrell North America is seeking a full time Transport driver. Under direction of an Area Product Coordinator this position is responsible for propane gas and/or other product delivery to Ferrellgas locations and area wholesale distributors in a safe, punctual, and efficient manner. Drivers stay out all week and return home on weekends. We prefer 2+ years experience with Class A CDL, tanker and hazmat endorsements.
* Ensure the regional pickup and safe delivery of propane gas and/or other product as directed
* Maintain preventive maintenance program for transport truck and trailer
* Follow DOT requirements and company-safe driver guidelines
* Perform daily inspections as required by the DOT and Ferrell North America to ensure assigned equipment is in safe and compliant operating condition
* Ensure all required paperwork (i.e. certifications, logs) is complete and in compliance with company and government regulations
* Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures
* Valid Class A CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsement
* 2 years tractor/trailer experience or 1 year experience after completion of truck driving school
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Demonstrated communications, interpersonal, and teamwork skills necessary to work safely and effectively with customers and Ferrellgas employees
* Ability to work maximum hours allowed under DOT hours of service regulations
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Keywords: CDL, Class A, hazmat, tanker, airbrake, tractor trailer, propane, LP, driver, deliver, route