This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Assist coordinating delivery of bananas on the East Coast and Canada to the customer. Setup and maintain all files pertaining to carriers, freight rates, AutoPay payable system and process freight bills.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Liaise between Carriers, Ports, Sales, Product Manager and Transportation Manager. Work with all in regards to product availability and transportation issues.
* Process freight bills and resolve invoice discrepancies. Maintain files on all freight payables.
* Weekly/Daily preparation and distribution of Trucker Reports and Container Lists for Wilmington and various surrounding ports.
* Provide Proof of Delivery to Accounting upon requests in order to bill customer.
* Assist and be well versed with ripening operation in Wilmington, Delaware in order to serve as back-up to Warehouse Manager.
* Support Direct Store Delivery (DSD) ripening operation for Costco including communicating with warehouse, process sales orders and invoices daily.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
* Minimum 3 years office experience required
* Strong communication skills with all levels of business/departments required.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word required.
* Background in transportation or warehousing preferred.
* Strong knowledge of JDE/AS400, Mainsail, One World, and Tranship preferred.
* Strong knowledge of departmental work flow and Port procedures preferred.
Has developed knowledge and skills through formal training or considerable work experience. Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision.
Has established skills to perform a range of day-to-day activities.
Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others in the discipline.
Has no supervisory responsibilities; manages own workload.
Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established options.
Impacts own team through the quality of the services or information provided; follows standardized procedures and practices and receives regular but moderate supervision and guidance.
Uses communication skills to exchange information.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Sales, Transportation Manager, Product Distribution Manager, Equipment Control Managers, Warehouse/Yard Manager, and Operations Managers.
External: Carriers (Owners, Dispatchers, Drivers), Brokers, Terminal/Port personnel
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* High School degree or GDE required
* Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to occasionally lift 40 lbs. and reach overhead required.
* Exposed to warehouse environment, heavy machinery, loud noise level, cold temperatures related to storage of product, food grade chemicals
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
* Ability to work overtime as the position requires.
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.