Transportation Construction Inspector Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
King of Prussia, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni Associates is current seeking a Transportation Construction Inspector Supervisor with experience consistent, but not limited to the following:
* Ability to independently plan, coordinate, inspect and/or oversee project inspection activities to ensure contractor compliance of plans, contract documents, specifications and standards.
* Assign, schedule and maintain subordinate inspection staff throughout the project. Provide direction and oversight to inspection staff.
* Review and maintain pertinent project documentation and ensure that it accurately details construction progress, activities and materials.
* Prepare, review and submit project inspection reports, work authorizations, work orders and estimates. Notify contractor of non-compliance and corrective action.
* Attend pre-bid, pre-construction and progress meetings throughout the course of the project.
* Interact with the general public, government agencies, contractors, sub-contractors, and other internal and external parties to respond to inquiries and resolve field issues.
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
* Minimum of 5 years of transportation construction inspection experience
* High school diploma or GED.
* Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, CDS NeXtGen, CDS-V3 and ECMS.
* Thorough understanding of PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike procedures from project startup through finalization, including documentation forms, sampling requirements and contractor submissions.
* Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Possession of current required certifications acceptable to PennDOT to include:
* NICET Level III of IV in Transportation Engineering Technology/Highway Construction.
* NECEPT Bituminous Pavement Field Technician Certification
* PennDOT Concrete Field testing Technician Certification (NECEPT)
* ACI (desired, but not required)
* Nuclear Gauge Safety (desired, but not required)
* ECMS, CDS NeXtGen or CDS-V3 experience