Transportation Construction Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Atlanta Office of Arcadis seeks a Transportation Construction Manager to join our Infrastructure team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Under general direction, to serve as project manager or construction manager; to plan and participate in a wide variety of advanced level professional, analytical, and coordination support duties for large and complex bridge and highway engineering and construction projects; to oversee and coordinate engineering and construction projects, processes, procedures, and programs; and to provide highly responsible and complex professional assistance to higher level management.
* Review plans, specifications, and estimates regarding project design. Develop and prepare bid packages, including schedules, notice inviting bids, special provisions, working days, liquidated damages, insurance, and DBE goals.
* Coordinate reproduction of bid and RFP documents, advertisements, pre-bid and proposal meetings and minutes; document bidders and proposal Q&A, agenda, bid and proposal openings, bid and proposal evaluation, and agenda item reports.
* Execute construction contracts, conformance to plans, specifications, and special provisions; coordinate pre-construction meetings and minutes; coordinate and distribute contract documents; issue notice to proceed.
* Manage assigned projects as Resident Project Engineer in accordance with plans, specifications, special provisions, Construction Manual and Policies and Procedures; ensure quality assurance program; review and approve contractor submittals; coordinate and conduct progress meetings; prepare contract change orders and reports; attend meetings with contractors to review project schedule, submittals, change orders, agreements, subcontractors, and related documents and reports.
* Current Professional Engineer registration in Georgia or ability to obtain Georgia Professional License through reciprocity within in short duration.
* Knowledge of transportation improvement project development methodologies, design standards, and construction practices.
* Knowledge of transportation project funding and procedures.
* Knowledge of construction and Environmental laws and regulations.
* GDOT or other DOT s knowledge of construction manual, plans, specifications, special provisions, and related sections.
* Design engineering, estimating, construction, and inspection for highway and bridge facilities.
* Utilities Codes and General Orders.
* General principles and practices of budget development, preparation, and expenditure control.
* Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
* Engineering and construction compliance and reporting methods, techniques, and procedures.
* Advanced principles and concepts of contract administration and compliance.
* Operate modern office equipment, including computer equipment, software, and scheduling software
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* GDOT experience is a plus
* Design build experience is a plus
Engineering - Transportation
Arcadis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.