This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Fuquay Varina, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Our Fuquay-Varina, NC office has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Civil Engineer with a background and interest to grow their career in transportation engineering. In this position you will work alongside with the best engineers in the NC area and under the direction and guidance of the most qualified transportation PE's in the state. We work on local projects that serve the locally community. You will also have exposure to working with an international company learning shared best practices around the country and world.
1. Works on transportation related projects of increasing difficulty.
2. Assists in the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for project.
3. Compiles and computes a variety of engineering data.
4. May conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaption or modifications of equipment or procedures; records data; analyzes data and prepares reports.
5. Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
6. Extracts engineering data from various prescribed sources; processes the data following well-defined methods; and presents the data in prescribed form.
7. Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.
8. Performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas, plots data and draws curves and graphs.
9. Attends meetings with Clients and Contractors.
10. Compiles, receives and reviews various shop drawings, contracts, project scoping, and mandates estimates for projects. Candidate Specification
* 3+ years experience in civil engineering design in the transportation industry (Traffic or Planning or Roadway/Highway or Structures)
* Bachelor's Degree (B. S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent from four-year college or university
* Certified EIT.
* PE desirable but not required
* Must have ability to travel to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings after regular business hours.
* Excellent organizational and writing skills required.
* Experience working on NCDOT project preferred..