Transportation & Logistics Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join one of the best companies to work for in Northeast Ohio! Applied Industrial Technologies is a 15-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 best places to work in Cleveland. Headquartered in Midtown Cleveland, we are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AIT) and, with $2.7 billion in annual sales, are one of the largest industrial distributors worldwide.
We offer free secured parking, subsidized benefits including health care, vision & dental, onsite fitness center and cafeteria, tuition reimbursement, and career development opportunities.
Perform daily operations of department including maintaining relationships with carriers and third party providers, internal and external customers, reporting, cost control and execution of logistics strategy to meet / exceed department and company standards.
* Monitor daily operations of third party dedicated transportation network, including resolving shipment issues to meet customer and company needs
* Coordinate and maintain relationships with third party cargo claims administrator, our dedicated carrier and third party logistics providers
* Maintain, update, and report on transportation KPI's, carrier scorecards. This includes robust data collection, turning data into information, and analyzing the data for trends / opportunities
* Provide multiple levels of company management with updates on transportation metrics, including insightful analysis and interpretation of data. Present information verbally as well as in written reports
* Evaluate supplier shipments for freight compliance
* Identify cost savings and process improvement opportunities, partnering with Service Centers and field management. May act as a participant as well as a project team lead
* Document procedures, processes. Provide training / coaching as needed
* Maintain and update department intranet / SharePoint sites
* Support freight recovery efforts
* Assist with import / export scheduling and document preparation
* Partner with our Safety Department regarding shipping regulations
* Bachelor's degree in Busness, Logistics, or Supply Chain management
* Minimum 4 years' proven logistics and/or supuply chain experience
* Working knowledge of customers for international shipping, preferred
* Working knowledge of hazardous materials and shipping regulations, preferred
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and query tools
* Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with people at all levels of the organization as well as external customers, vendors
* Strong systems and analytical skills including gathering facts, figures and concepts into a concise management summary with recommendations and action plans
* Ability to execute action plans, with success, as an individual or as a leader in a team environment.
* Strong written and oral communication skills including grammar, in English
* Self-motivated; proactive. Ability to multitask, organize, challenge the status quo
* Proficiency in SAP, preferred
Build a rewarding career with a global leader in industrial distribution!
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.