This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Oversees the proper management of all innersanctum and market movements, scheduling, truck washes and dead haul. Directly supervises employees within the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws. Recruitment of contract drivers, communication with contract drivers, and billing/invoicing of contract loads are associated with this position. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management s discretion.
* Determines, schedules, and records work assignments according to worker availability, job classification, and needs and coordinates with inner sanctum, marketing, plant, & production.
* Identifies, recommends, and implements measures to improve processes, methods, performance, training, safety and education of both personnel and assets.
* Evaluate monthly cost statements to determine areas for opportunities for cost savings and financial improvement.
* Interviews perspective applicants.
* Performs ride along with drivers and documents the findings.
* Performs transportation audits on equipment, at the production sites, and at the plant.
* Insure compliance with DOT and OSHA regulations, company and bio security policies, and proper animal handling protocol. Administers and recommends training when appropriate.
* Assists with the proper movements of animals within the system and to the plant and fills in for establishing the movement schedules whenever necessary.
* Coordinates quarterly meetings with contractors and company drivers.
* Maintains and tracks the preventative maintenance schedule for the equipment and ensures DOT compliance.
* Works closely with resources to coordinate moving equipment to the shop or to external vendors.
* Coordinates the scheduling, maintenance, and staffing of the dead haul transfer station equipment.
* Responsible for summarizing and entering payroll
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or four to six-years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to communicate with farm mangers other dispatchers and drivers by using telephonic and two-way radio communication. Needs intermediate Excel skills, COGNOS and Internet. Ability to speak, understand, and write in English. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not necessary.
REASONING ABILITY & MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters utilizing company policies, procedures and directions from upper management. Must have good monitoring skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A valid drivers is required license and an acceptable MVR. Class A CDL License preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Mixture of office and in the field. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, changes in schedule will be required as special circumstance arise.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer