This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: South Atlantic Transportation Manager
The South Atlantic Transportation Manager will manage the operations and client service for truckload, intermodal, warehouse, consolidation, and LTL domestic shipments. Sourcing carriers, negotiating annual contracts, and managing vendor relations will be key components of this position.
* A deep understanding of domestic transportation and local transportation requirements will be needed to accurately select key vendors in the region
* Leading the development and deployment of the Truck vision identifying and pursuing new Truck business opportunities and models for growth; delivering savings and increasing revenue are key responsibilities
* Identifying developing/sharing best practices across the Corporation
* Manages multiple functions within the domestic transportation department including truckload, truck brokerage, port drayage, intermodal, less than truckload, warehousing, consolidation, deconsolidation activities.
* Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
* Manage the general operation of the department, including of invoicing, vendor payment, reporting and metrics etc.
* Monitor profitability and productivity of the department.
* 10+ years working in Transportation, Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain, Commercial Management with a focus on domestic transportation
* Building motivating teams to high performance and results (particularly amidst ambiguity & significant change)
* Partnering with senior leaders and businesses to understand
* College degree is preferred, but not required
* Prepare analysis including Pivot Tables, Graphs and Charts of current business
* Customer and carrier oversight
* Participate in sales and marketing efforts
Our client, one of the largest global transportation providers in the world, offers and strategies/requirements and translating them into priority actions* Customer and vendor relationship management & negotiation
* Leading the development and execution of a regional strategy in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and interestsexcellent compensation package including, base, bonus, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, and vacation, sick days, paid holidays.