Transportation Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohns Manville is currently looking to hire a Transportations Operations Manager. The Transportation Operations Manager is responsible for creating and managing sustainable processes to manage the procedures, services, and costs related to Transportation and Logistics services on behalf of an operating unit and/or corporate function.The Johns Manville Technical Center (JMTC) is a 325,000 square-foot facility located on 81 acres in the Rocky Mountain foothills southwest of Denver. It is the home of corporate R&D and capital project management, and is a customer service center for the Insulation and Roofing business units. The facility, built in 1973, includes accommodations for laboratory, pilot production, and office space. The JMTC laboratories feature state-of-the-art capabilities in the areas of product and process development, characterization, and testing.
- Understand, meet and exceed the operational expectations of all three Business Units within JM.
- Manage, mentor and develop a staff of 12 plus transportation personnel within the Load Control Center
- Manage the day to day transportation operations within the Load Control Center
- Collaborate with HQ and other business unit transportation personnel in seeking ways to utilize the most efficient and economical mode of transporting JM material to our customers.
- Function as the subject matter expert within the TMS environment providing support, training and best practice feedback to the Load Control Center
- Operate as the link between the Business Logistics Managers and the Load Control Team insuring timely and adequate operational feedback and communication.
- Focus efforts on developing an operational rhythm and rapport with JM Customer Service Teams
- Maintain good and ethical relationships with carrier/association contacts
- Develop, monitor and report on Load Control Center metrics identifying and driving process improvements within the Transportation team
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in transportation, logistics or customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Solid knowledge of transportation management systems such as Red Prairie, SAP or equivalent ERP system
- Solid knowledge of laws and regulations related to transportation and logistics such at DOT regulations, HazMat regulations, FDA, Sarbanes-Oxley laws
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Expert customer service skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Proven ability to develop team members
- Ability to monitor and react to key metrics
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.