This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
About the Team:
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
About the Job:
This position focuses on transportation procurement and operations to improve total cost and customer service. This person will work with internal and external groups to analyze and develop methodologies that affect production, distribution, damage control, and deliveries. The transportation specialist will support bid activities and carrier contracts for transportation within North America.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Support business and transportation team in generating on-going and ad hoc reports to assist in making sounds business decisions for all modes of transportation (FTL, LTL, Intermodal, Parcel, Ocean, Air)
* Support procurement events and execution of RFQs for the best service and cost
* Maintain on-going carrier contracts, rate and accessorial addendums, and certificates of insurance
* Maintain Transportation Management System with current rates and issue routing guides for non-supported sites
* Monitor, measure and improve service level metrics, including on time delivery to customer
* Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
* Track projects and report progress out to the project team
* Assist with resolution of freight payment discrepancies
* Participate in productivity workouts with cross-functional teams
* Act as liaison and build partnerships between carriers and internal business groups including sales, DCs, plants, service providers, and supply chain to ensure transportation needs are met
* Ability to identify root cause and apply corrective action
* Work in SAP, Salesforce, Transportation Management Systems, Ariba and MS Office Products
* Reports to North American Transportation Manager in Towson, MD
* Flexibility to cross train and learn other transportation team functions
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain, International Business or related field
* One to five years of professional experience in transportation, logistics, supply chain, procurement, or related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent verbal, written, and quantitative skills with strong attention to detail
* Expertise in Microsoft Excel with proficiency on other Microsoft Applications
* Proven task management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, have a sense of urgency and know how to prioritize workload
* Must have excellent organizational and follow up skills
* Self-motivated and possess ability to work independently
* Must be a goal oriented team player and be adaptable in a fast paced, ever so changing environment
* Limited travel may be required
Why Stanley Black & Decker*
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
* Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.