Transportation Supervisor-Bronx, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Responsible for assisting management in the supervision of drivers and staff of the Transportation Department. Implements schedules, departure times, and daily functions of the Department. Ensures daily changes are coordinated in an efficient, effective and productive manner. Appraises changes and communicates with customers whenever necessary. Communicates information to other internal departments as necessary.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Coordinates daily scheduling of drivers and staff members ensuring the effectiveness of the workforce.
* Monitors driver departure times and reports the information accordingly.
* Shares on-call duty with members of the Transportation Department.
* Coordinates customer deliveries with Drivers and notifies customers of delays or accidents.
* Assists in determining rental requirements and equipment needs
* Answers phones, directs calls and handles customer, warehouse and driver inquiries
* Acts as the back-up person for the Transportation Manager as well as for completing log data entry.
* Summarizes and publishes results of quality checks and on-time reporting .
* Works with Leasing company to ensure proper maintenance schedules of trucks.
* Acts as key communicator between various departments regarding schedule changes and new account service.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Demonstrates willingness to accept challenges and added responsibility.
* Completes tasks in a manner that meets all established timelines and accuracy requirements.
* Demonstrates the ability to perform effectively a team environment.
* Quality and safety functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
* Receives consistent, positive feedback from internal and external customers.
* College Degree preferred or equivalent related experience.
* Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations.
* Current Microsoft Office Applications: Excel, Word and Access skills necessary.
* Minimum four years experience in multiple stop dispatch operation
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment
* Detail oriented and ability to coordinate complex work schedules
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.